Daniel's Facebook Page


I took a look at Daniel’s Facebook today. It’s still active and people sometimes write on it. The below comments are a few I wanted to post here today. The first one is by one of Daniel’s buddies regarding his service to our country. The others are by his sisters. 

August 27, 2013 - William Barrera:
Man you were one fired up dude. The energy and the drive was there, plus you understood others very well, a trait I admired greatly next to the character you possessed that you would compromise for nothing and being solid in your own virtues. Keep watching my six from that overwatch you're on right now. Rest in power brother. 

Gun Range - Bahrain, circa. 2004


August 21, 2013 Holly:
Hi brother. We found out today I'm having a boy! Wish you were here to celebrate with us and meet him. I love you!

August 3, 2013 Heather:
Hey Butt head. Another birthday for me. The big 2-8. It's weird to think that today I reach the age you never got past. Especially with you being the older one. You always called me first to wish me happy birthday. Last time it was something like 8:30am. Maybe you liked being the first one to wish me happy birthday. I don't know. I never asked but it seemed like it. Today isn't the same without you. Your absence casts a shadow over every day life and is especially pronounced on days like today when we recognize significant events in our lives. Miss you like hell and I still think about you every day. Today, tears are not enough to fill up the space you left behind. Love you.

July 3 2013 - 1 Holly:
In my head I know you're gone. But when I see your face and remember that I haven't talked to, seen, or hugged you in over a year, I realize YOU are gone. And it's a harsh reality instead of a distant truth I often tuck away in the back of my mind. 

"Said goodbye turned around
And you were gone, gone, gone.

Sometimes I feel my heart is breaking
But I stay strong and I hold on cause I know

I will see you again, 
This is not where it ends
I will carry you with me, oh
'Til I see you again."
I love you.

June 21, 2013 - Heather:
I watched Pete and Pete tonight. When you gave it to me 2 Christmases ago I thought I'd watch it right away but then we made those plans to watch it together so I waited. Living in different cities made it hard to do and I really wish we would have gotten together to do it but I opened it tonight and watched it. I guess we did get to watch it together after all but damn, I wish i could have watched it with you in the flesh. I hope I see you in my dreams tonight. I miss you so much.

June 20, 2013 - Holly:
Well, as you probably know, mom, Judah, and I went to visit you today. Judah is a pinwheel collector and he left one at your headstone today. It's so hard to believe its been 1 year already. So much has happened and I wish you were here to make new memories with us. By the grace of God and sacrifice of Jesus Christ, I will see you again one day. I love you brother and think about you everyday. Until we meet again, xoxo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sample Court Report

The Driver