Several days ago, our daughter Holly posted the below paragraph regarding Daniel on her Facebook page:

Facebook leaves this section blank and asks "What's on your mind?" To which I answer: My brother. My amazing, kind, funny, loving, protecting, big brother. I wish you were here to comfort and hug me as you have done before. But then again, if you were here, I wouldn't be crying.

Her post was commented on by the following:

Eric Hill (Daniel's and Holly’s friend): But Holly he is still doing it. Just because we can’t see it, it's a feeling and when we least expect it, that feeling overcomes us. What that feeling is, is him holding you from Heaven

Deania Celli (Daniel’s classmate at UOP): Your brother was bigger than life and even though he is gone physically, he will never truly be gone. I never realized how much your brother touched my life. I don't think I could have made it through class without him. I am glad to call him my friend. I miss his jokes, some so bad you just had to laugh. I wish I had the chance to tell him I am glad he was my friend.

Michael Pritchard (Life coach, comedian and family friend for 30 years): Your brother was and still is an angel force standing guard in his Master at Arms uniform; strong, kind, loving protector of goodness. He has and never will leave you or your family! Think of him in heaven where he stands guard over goodness, truth and the love of God in Christ! PRITCHARDS ARE PRAYING FOR YOU ALL.

Shawn Strannigan Family friend who lost her 4 year old son in a car accident): Keep talking, crying, remembering Holly! We always ache a little more for Jonah on this day (anniversary of the accident). A reminder to cover you all in prayer today . . .

Brittani Loveall (Holly’s cousin): So sorry Holly. I'll say a prayer for you today. I can't even begin to understand what you all are going through. May God wrap you in His arms and give you comfort and peace. Love you Holly. P.S. my mom and I are talking about making a trip up there next week...

Heather Masamitsu (Holly’s and Daniel’s sister): That was me last night Hobbs. I miss him so much. I think it hurts more now than it did at first. I just keep telling myself it won't be this bad forever and hold onto that.

Michelle Walker (Daniel’s fiancĂ©e); It has been really hard for me this week too. I miss him so much everyday it is even more then the day before. It has been getting worse but it will get better with time. It is just going to take a very, very long time. I love you and have been praying for you! Call me if you need anything.

Reading these posts helped me to again see how much others are also hurting. It seems to come in waves, ebbing and flowing. No day is the same as the day before. But, I also noticed the hope that we will not always ache so badly. Another thing I see here is the incredible support we give to one another. I thank God for His love and mercy which He shows us through our family and friends.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sample Court Report

The Driver