I have gotten many emails, cards, Face book posts and phone calls since Daniel died. Most begin with, “I have no words…” or “I just don’t know what to say…” I want everyone to know that it’s okay to not know what to say. The fact that you communicated your sympathy is enough and so gratefully appreciated.


My blog has more than 1200 page views which is amazing to me. I’ve learned from some of the emails I have received there are some who are benefiting from what they read here. This makes me happy.

Another thing that quite a few people have said to me regards what “a great guy you are” and, “I appreciate you so much.” Some say I have had a positive impact on them over the years. Wow! I have thought that I’m a nice guy (as well as a funny one) but I have not really considered myself one to impact people or someone who is looked up to by others. But hearing certainly boosts my self-esteem. Thank you! I believe that all of us have someone who thinks this way of us and unless they express it, we would never know. I also believe we positively influence many more people than we’ll ever know. This got me to thinking about the people whom I hold in esteem. My goal is to, from this day on, be more vocal to them about how I appreciate them. It’s a wonderful thing to hear and to give praise.

Comments

Joycie P said…
You are a great guy! With a huge heart! Prayers and thoughts of you and the family always!
Debra said…
Stan- If I never told you.. You made a huge impact on my life. When ever I think of my childhood I think of you. I think of camp, SJBC.. You and Linda. All such fond memories. You made me feel like family.. At camp and especially when I attended SJBC. I love you both dearly! I am planning a visit to come see you and Linda- probably late October or early November.Can't wait to see you both!
Love, Debbie
Anonymous said…
When I asked our church to pray for you and your family several weeks ago, I shared the following as a preface...

"If you know me very well, you know that I do not like to have pop-in, unannounced visits from anyone... friends and family included. Give me a call and tell me you are coming by and I will gladly welcome you (or tell you to stay where you are). I try to offer the same courtesy to others by calling them to let them know I am stopping by. But there are two exceptions... when I go to my mothers house, I feel no need to call ahead... and when I go to the Faddis home I rarely call ahead. It has been 6 years since I lived in the same city, but I would not hesitate to knock on their door today if I was in their neighborhood. I can't explain it, and I do not mean to be offensive, but as much as I love and care about everyone in this room, I would not excercise this freedom toward any of you. They are a rare family that always made me feel at home... it is one thing to invite someone to feel this way and it is quite another to actually feel this way. With Stan and Linda, Heather, Holly and Meagan, and on a few occasions Daniel, I always encountered a home where I felt at home in their presence. So rare for me."

I miss you brother! Love you all!
Chris Coggins
schneefall said…
Even if you aren’t fashion forward, I would assume you would be instantly more interested in Kors and his line. All MK shoulder bags are hits for the fashion world.michael kors sale

Popular posts from this blog

A Sample Court Report

The Driver